OCEAN SERVICES LTD. (crewing compamny for Norbulk Shipping)
We are currently recruiting a full time Chief Engineer at Ocean Service Ltd. for one of our Canadian Flagged Vessels. At Norbulk, we are committed to Health and Safety of our seafarers and the protection of the environment. Our ships service the Atlantic Provinces, Nfld. & the Eastern Seaboard.
The Chief Engineer is one of the highest ranks onboard the vessel and an integral part of the management team of Norbulk & Ocean Service Ltd. The Chief Engineer has overall responsibility of the Engineering Department which includes, but is not limited to:
- The supervision and exclusive right to direct the entire Engineering Department personnel;
- Assignment of duties and training for the crew of the Engineering Department;
- The ability to promote, demote, and discipline the crew of the Engineering Department;
- Conduct the performance evaluations for the Engineering Department personnel;
- Responsibility for the administration of the Engineering Department;
- Charge of all Engineering Department records;
- Responsibility for the economical operation and upkeep of the vessel’s machinery plant;
- Purchasing all of the supplies and equipment required for the operation of the Engineering Department;
- Ensuring that operations are in accordance with government regulations, environmental and health and safety standards;
- Responsibility for overseeing all maintenance of the vessel;
- Identifying any machinery damage which affects the seaworthiness of the vessel;
- Making arrangements for outside assistance, when required, in effecting repairs to the vessel;
- Ensuring the Engineering Department is adequately manned, stored and equipped with all of the necessary supplies required for voyages;
- Guaranteeing the parts of the vessel under his jurisdiction are secured for sea prior to departure;
- Other duties as assigned.
First Class Engineer Motorship, Advanced Oil Tanker, Marine Advanced First Aid, MEDs, Marine Medical, Passport, Ship Security Officer and/or Securities Duties & Ability to work in the US
Previous experience as a leader.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, solutions oriented and has a great attitude!
We offer a competitive compensation package for the right candidate.
If you or someone you know in your professional network is interested in this exciting opportunity please send your CV to krista.nesbittnorbulknb.com. All candidates must have valid Transport Canada Certifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.