Crewing Company: Ocean Services Ltd.
We are currently recruiting an interim Chief Engineer at Ocean Services Ltd. for one of our Canadian Flagged Vessels. At Ocean Services Ltd, we are committed to the Health and Safety of our seafarers and the protection of the environment. Our ships service the Atlantic Provinces, Nfld. & the Eastern Seaboard.
Responsible to the Master for the supervision, administration and economical operation of the vessel’s machinery plant. As part of the onboard management, he/she should keep fully informed at all times of the activities of his/her department and personally supervise any work they consider to be of a hazardous or operationally complex nature. Responsible for onboard training of junior officers/engineers in understudying their duties as well as their duties under SOLAS. The Chief's core responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Upon joining the vessel should undertake a comprehensive handover with the outgoing Chief Engineer including details of the equipment and material for which he will be responsible.
-Complete NS QAL 007 (Chief Engineer’s Handover Memorandum) NS PER 006 (Handover Report) & NS SAF 001 (Shipboard Familiarisation Record)
- Assume custody of all Engineering Department records, “as-built” or “as-fitted” drawings and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure Engineering Watch Officers are instructed in their Watchkeeping duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain an accurate Engine Log Book NS 083 (Motor Sea Engine Log Book) as appropriate.
- Ensure Engineering Watch Officers are fully aware of their responsibilities to accurately maintain and comply with the requirements of:
- Oil Record Book
- US Federal Water Regulations
- Local port pollution requirements.
The Chief Engineer is to issue standing orders to supplement the instructions contained in this manual. These instructions should be inserted in the inside on the Engine Order Book NS 071.
- Make frequent inspections of all machinery spaces, when the machinery is operating. Make daily inspections of the stores and machine shop, correcting unsafe practices and noting any repairs required.
- Ensure the cosmetic appearance of the Engine Room and Store Rooms is maintained. Photographs of the general condition of the areas are to be sent to the Management Office on a quarterly basis or when attention needs to be drawn to a particular defect.
- Ensure implementation and on-going compliance with NS MARPOL - Marine Pollution Manual.
First Class Engineer Motorship, Advanced Oil Tanker, Marine Advanced First Aid, MEDs, Marine Medical, Passport, Ship Security Officer and/or Securities Duties & Ability to work in the US and COVID-19 Vaccinated.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic leader, is solutions oriented, and has great communication skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package for the right candidate.
If you or someone you know in your professional network is interested in this exciting opportunity please send your CV to krista.nesbittnorbulknb.com.Candidates must have all valid Transport Canada Certifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.