McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of Ships, tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
McKeil Marine Limited has immediate openings for Cooks aboard our ships and tugs on a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals responsible for providing regular meals of an acceptable standard at the designated times while maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene standard in the galley.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Generous referral bonus program
- Plan and prepare regular meals at the designated times
- Ensure cleanliness and a high standard of food safety and sanitation throughout the galley, storeroom and freezers
- Responsible for ordering catering supplies within budget
- Supervise the handling of stores received while ensuring a satisfactory standard is supplied
- Liaison with the Chief Officer in regard to the proper disposal of waste as per international regulations
- Adhere to all company health and safety policies and work procedures
- Other duties assigned
- Ship's Cook certificate issued by Transport Canada
- Valid Marine Medical and Marine Emergency Duties – Basic Safety Training
- Sound knowledge of food handling and preparation
- Experience managing a budget and/or inventory and menu planning
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Team player
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.