Reformar is a Rimouski-based, non-profit organization lending support to marine science and technology projects since 1989. In doing so, they partner with researchers, research and training institutions, along with government and private-owned organizations. Concretely, Reformar handles the full management of a fleet of science vessels and the complete planning of its scientific missions. The management is currently looking for a Chief Cook to join its team. If you feel a pull toward the domain of scientific research, have a passion for cooking, are orderly and always smiling, we have the job for you!
Briefly, as Chief Cook, you will be responsible for the galley’s smooth operation and the good management of food inventories. With the help of the Food service and cleaning attendant, you will contribute to the crew’s and client’s happiness by providing varied meals along with a safe and clean environment. Fun and challenges are guaranteed!
Reporting to the Master, you will...
- Show creativity in menu preparation for the crew and clients.
- Respect the vessel’s budget.
- Be responsible for the order, inventory and the rotation of foodstuffs.
- Oversee and take part in the reception of foodstuffs.
- Supervise the Food service and cleaning attendant.
- Manage the vessel’s hospitality services.
- Act according to occupational health, safety and hygiene regulations, and ensure that they are respected by others at all times.
- Assist in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as required.
Prerequisite training, abilities and professional qualities:
- Cooki ng training or pertinent experience.
- MAPAQ-issued Food Safety Certificate.
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Emergency Duties (MEDs) certificates (obtained in the last 5 years) (an asset).
- Valid Transport Canada Ship personnel with designated security duties certificate (an asset).
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate (an asset).
- MARITIME EXPERIENCE: You might or might not have previous maritime experience, but you certainly have some in the restaurant industry? You’d love to live a new adventure aboard a ship? We want to know you!
- FRENCH: Bilingualism is an asset, since most of our crew and clients are francophones.
- ATTITUDE: We are looking for someone with a contagious, positive attitude. Someone autonomous upon which we can rely!
- ENDURANCE: As in every kitchen, you must be able to work standing for many hours.
- TEAMWORK: The Coriolis II’s team being small, we greatly value efficient and respectful communication with colleagues, clients and partners.
Why work for Reformar?
- A permanent position.
- A competitive salary of $384.90 per day, established following the current salary policy with a yearly raise.
- Become a part of a small, friendly, dynamic team.
- Very competitive benefits (7% collective RRSP, insurance program, etc.)
- Up to fourteen paid holidays per year (paid double rate when worked).
- Yearly reimbursement of safety boots (max $175), and reimbursement of marine medical certification every two years (max $150).
- A flexible schedule that can accommodate some of your obligations.
- A job where teamwork is instrumental in meeting objectives.
- A job where you won’t notice the days passing by!
If this short description makes you want to try your luck, send us your application before June 10, 2023, at the contact information below. You can also reach out to us if you need more information.
418 723-1986, ext. 1023, supervisorreformar.ca