McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
We have immediate openings for Deckhands aboard our Ships/Tugs on a Casual basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals.
- Our crew enjoy regular schedules with minimal disruptions - you can plan your time at home
- Company paid and arranged travel to ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
- Perform Watchkeeping duties as required by chief officer;
- Perform fire and security rounds and maintain gangway watch while in port;
- Perform general maintenance and hygiene duties as directed by the Chief Officer, including painting, cleaning, planned maintenance work;
- Perform deckhand duties at port including line handling, handling ship–assist lines and cargo loading;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bridge Watch Rating Certificate of Competency (Transport Canada);
- Transport Canada Marine Medical;
- Team Player;
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.