Canadian Coast Guard
We are currently looking for qualified deckhands to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266708 (SC DED 02-07)
What qualities and interests are important?
- Enjoy team work
- Aptitude for manual work
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Deckhands work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Deckhand, Seaman, Ship’s Crew, Leading Deckhand, Able Seaman, Coxswain, Boatswain
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $54,072 to $63,444 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), French Essential (Québec)
- Valid Marine Emergency Duties (MED) with respect to Basic Safety-STCW
- Working Effectively with Others
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
For questions in English please contact:
Katherine Rawlings, Human Resources Advisor, Katherine.Rawlingsdfo-mpo.gc.ca
For questions in French please contact:
Nathalie Doiron, Human Resources Advisor, Nathalie.Doirondfo-mpo.gc.ca
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact 1-800-645-5605 to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential