Canadian Coast Guard
We are currently looking for qualified stewards to join our team!
Selection process number: 19-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-266710 (SC STD 01)
What qualities and interests are important?
- Versatile and enjoying providing high quality services
- Have an interest in working at sea
- Have a good sense of organization and priority
- Able to work irregular schedules
- Taste for adventure and travel!
Stewards work a schedule of a period of 14 to 42 days at sea, followed by equivalent time off with pay.
Job Titles: Steward
Tenure: Term (Relief) Opportunities
Locations: Various locations in Ontario and Québec
Rates of Pay: $52,896 annual salary not including overtime
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad
Qualifications candidates must possess (essential):
- English Essential (Ontario), French Essential (Québec)
- Valid Safe Food Handling Certificate
- Working Effectively with Others
Experience* in the hospitality industry, including housekeeping duties and/or serving tables (*Experience is considered approximately 3 months or more)
Conditions of Employment:
- Reliability or Secret security clearance
- Hold a valid passport
- Valid Health Canada Medical (however, a valid Transport Canada Seafarer’s medical may be accepted on initial appointment for a period of up to a maximum of 6 months or until a Health Canada Medical is completed)
- Others as applicable to the position
For questions in English please contact:
Katherine Rawlings, Human Resources Advisor, Katherine.Rawlingsdfo-mpo.gc.ca
For questions in French please contact:
Nathalie Doiron, Human Resources Advisor, Nathalie.Doirondfo-mpo.gc.ca
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please contact 1-800-645-5605 to request special accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.