Selection Process Number: 22-DFO-CEN-EA-CCG-338291
Job Title: Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator (GT-05)
Tenure: Indeterminate (permanent), Term (temporary), Acting, Deployment, Secondment, Assignment
Locations: Trenton, ON
Rates of pay: $74,763 to $85,004
Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinators are also entitled to an additional allowance of $5,354 per year, overtime, and evening, night and weekend allowances.
Who can apply: Persons residing in Canada, and Canadian citizens and Permanent residents abroad.
Marine Search and Rescue (SAR) Coordinators at the Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) in Trenton provide an invaluable service to people in need of assistance on the federally controlled waterways of the Trenton Search & Rescue Region. Maritime SAR Coordinators oversee the activation, planning, and coordination, of Maritime Search and Rescue with the help of strategically located Canadian Coast Guard SAR vessels, Royal Canadian Air Force resources, and partners like police, fire, and emergency medical services (EMS).
Why work with us?
The Search and Rescue Coordinator is a shore opportunity that allows you to:
· Keep your Transport Canada Watchkeeping Mate (or higher) certificate
· Spend more time with family and friends. The work schedule at a JRCC is 4 days on and 4 days off.
· Enjoy generous paid time off.
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents
- English Essential
- High school diploma or acceptable combination of education, training and experience;
Watchkeeping Mate certificate OR Watchkeeping Mate, Near Coastal certificate of Competency;
- 12 months sea time experience as navigation officer in charge of a watch.
- 12 months experience as a maritime coordinator in a Joint Rescue Coordination Centre (JRCC) or Marine Rescue Sub-Centre (MRSC) in Canada.
- 12 months experience in Canadian Coast Guard (CCG) operations, such as the Regional Operations Centre.
- Ability to plan and coordinate operations for Maritime and Aeronautical Search and Rescue Resources;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Critical Thinking (Analyzing a situation and being able to take the appropriate actions);
- Decisiveness (Making appropriate decisions in a timely manner in multiple situations);
- Communication skills (Ensuring that the message is received and understood as intended).
$74,763 to $85,004 -Coordinators are eligible to an annual allowance in the amount of $5,354 and hourly bonuses for evenings, nights and weekends shifts.
How do I become part of the team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online!