Reporting to the Director, Production Engineering, the Production Engineering Manager - Ship Repair be responsible for developing, maintaining, and delivering required Production Engineering Information deliverables to support ship repair contracts.
More precisely, you will be responsible to:
- Lead and supervise the Production Engineering personnel assigned to the project team
- Act a liaison between the assigned project team and the functional department to ensure the functional department is appraised of the project requirements and can provide support as required
- Ensure a smooth flow of operations from Engineering to Production
- Ensure Development of required information deliverables relating to Ship Repair Production activities.
- Plan resource loading and formally request resources as required to achieve completion of the works in line with the agreed schedule
- Track and maintain deliverables to provide input into appropriate KPIs defined for the project.
- Supports the Program and Project Managers in dealing with the Client for all Production Engineering (Ship Repair) matters.
- Ensure the team effectively extract detail from customer agreed specifications to support Technical Packages and subsequent creation of effective high-quality job cards (work packages). To support Detailed Planning phase.
-Ensure the team effectively create and control Engineering Bills of Material. To effectively ensure that Detailed Planning have clear visibility of required materials.
- Ensure the team effectively deliver any required drawings, sketches and other as required information in a timely fashion. Adhering to CDCI’s internal configuration, document control and change management processes.
- Provide support to any Project Controls activities as requested
- A minimum of 7 years in Ship Repair, Refit or upgrade (obligatory).
- College degree or diploma plus experience in Marine Engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of Production Processes of Ship Repair
- Experience working with CAD tools.
- Experience working with document management software
- Full competence in all MS Office suite of products
- Ability to work in confident, self-direct manner while prioritizing a large volume of work.
- Fully bilingual French and English.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interface with individuals at all levels of the organization.
In order to be selected, it is mandatory that you successfully undergo and pass the investigation and security clearance process required by the Federal Government’s Contract Security Program.