NORBULK SHIPPING UK LTD
Since it's formation in 1982 Norbulk Shipping has continued to expand its ship management operations. Ship owner clients located across the globe now include, public listed companies, private family controlled shipping interests and government shipping enterprises.
We strive not just to manage ships but to excel in the service provided to our clients. For three decades we have served ship owners well in managing safely and economically a variety of ships from second hand tonnage to new buildings. Norbulk is dedicated to the safety and well-being of our seafarers and protection of the environment for future generations.
We are currently recruiting a Full Time 3rd mate at Ocean Services Ltd. to work on our Canadian Flagged Vessel.
In addition to his responsibility to the Master for the proper performance of his assigned navigational watch duties, the Third Officer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Upon joining the vessel the Third Officer must report to the Master.
- S/he must discuss with the Officer being relieved, details of the equipment and material for which he will be responsible, and inspect them promptly, preferably in the company of the Officer being relieved. Anything found to be unsatisfactory must be reported to the Master.
- Complete NS PER 006 (Handover Report) & NS SAF 001 (Shipboard Familiarisation Record).
- Conduct efficient cargo watches under the instruction of the Chief Officer.
- Familiarise with cargo systems and their operation and learn to prepare cargo stowage plans and safely load or unload the vessel.
- To be aware of use of all GMDSS equipment including tests and emergency operation.
- Direct ratings and inexperienced personnel in the proper and efficient execution of their duties.
- Identify and correct any unsafe working habits or conditions.
- Care and maintenance of ship’s signalling equipment.
- Maintain and account for all training publications and training aids, including computer based training libraries carried onboard.
- Enact the necessary measures in a time of emergency to ensure the safety of personnel and the preservation of the environment and company property.
- The Second/Third Officer may be assigned other duties by the Chief Officer consistent with his abilities and experience, including the inspection and maintenance of the vessel’s safety equipment as detailed in NS 350 – Ships Safety Equipment Record.
Certifications: Cert of Comp, MEDs, First Aid (Advanced preferred), Bridge Resource Management, ECDIS generic, SAM ECDIS , Canadian GMDSS, Marine Medical, WHMIS, Confined Space and the ability to work in the US.
Preference will be given to candidates with previous tanker experience.